Tuesday, November 9, 2010

That was weird

[My mp3 player (I know, so 2000's of me) is called the iRiver SPINN]

The cord that connects my SPINN to my computer has two ends, one USB and one proprietary end that only fits into the SPINN. As if that wasn't bad enough, today I tried charging the thing and accidentally tried plugging the proprietary end into my USB port; they kind of look the same.

It didn't fit, but as soon as the metal touched, there was this faint crackling sound and the computer shut off.

Yet another reason not to but the SPINN. There are several others. Its uni-wheel navigation system is annoying, and its touch screen doesn't work well. And its black background is impossible to see in daylight. And, unlike the old iRivers, you can't add music to it by dragging and dropping via a normal Windows window. You have to use their clumsy, slow, software.

I have a ton of real posts to write (i.e. about Israel), as soon as I figure out how to compress photos on my netbook (another post, too).


No comments: