Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shipping #5 - summary of total door-to-door costs

[One thing I forgot to mention earlier was insurance. Dolphin only had one insurance option - you write out a list of your stuff, declare how much it's worth and pay 2.5% of that. Sonigo had more complex options, and I don't know about Aliyah Lift.

For the stuff we were actually worried about (such as china), we declared their real value. For everything else, we declared the value to be much less than what it actually was, so we wouldn't have to pay as much. Of course, had that stuff actually been ruined we'd only get that small amount back from the insurance company. But it worked out ok.]

So here's what it all cost in the end. I hope I'm not leaving anything out.

(Yeah I did a printscreen on this one... don't know how to put tables in blogger...)


So all in all, we paid a bunch, but we got our money's worth.

No comments: