Wednesday, December 10, 2008

OneNote

I've been using Microsoft OneNote a lot lately; I really like it.  I like the fact that my writing automatically has the date on it.  It'd kind of like an electronic journal that takes care of the repetitive stuff for you.

And as far as a note-taking tool, it's got a lot of features and is pretty simple to navigate.  If I was still in school and taking classes, you'd bet I'd use this thing for every one. 

One drawback is that you don't have all the functionality of Word.  You can't do shortcut keys for symbols, or write equations via the equation editor (for all you science and math geeks).  On the other hand, I never really found it all that efficient to try and write equations on the computer.  I never was fast enough to keep up with the teacher.  So no great loss.  If you want them you can type them in Word and just paste it into OneNote.

Give it a shot, people!

No comments: