Friday, December 8, 2006

C is for Cookie

Todays project: Operation Cookie Jar

The goal was simple. I wanted to buy a cookie jar as an engagement present for my friend and his fiancee. So I set off to my local Bed, Bath and Beyond! superstore, confident that I would find the jar of my dreams. I was hoping to find one that said "cookies" on it, but alas... BB&B could only offer me a nondescript glass container.

Sometimes, life throws you lemons. Looking at that undecorated jar, I realized that I was being thrown a lemon. And darn it, I decided to make lemonade.

I was going to make my own cookie jar.

After a quick trip to the art store, I sat in the dining room at Flyshack Palace with all my supplies. I had special glass paint, brushes, and a stencil. I ended up ditching the stencil because the surface was not flat, but I still managed to paint one heck of a design, if I may say so myself.

You know, sometimes having a lot of free time on your hands isn't all that bad.

Stay tuned for tomorrow, when I chronicle my attempt to bake cookies to fill this marvelous jar...
































No comments: